Principal Lecturer in Sports Coaching Science, Student Athlete Mentor and Link Tutor for Foundation Degree in Football Business Management and Coaching
School of Sport and Exercise Science
tel: 01905 855509
Glyn came to the University of Worcester in 2004 having previously worked as a PE teacher, youth worker and the Assistant Academy Director at Wolverhampton Wanderers Football Club.
Since coming to the School of Sport and Exercise Science, he has undertaken the roles of HND co-ordinator and course leader for Sports Coaching Science and has developed the coaching of disabled athletes, culminating in a unique taught degree pathway in this evolving area of study. As part of his role, Glyn supports and provides guidance to elite athletes in their pursuit of sporting and academic excellence; these have included the GB paralympic blind footballers Ajmal Ahmed and Lee Greatbatch, the Port Vale footballer Robert Taylor and GB downhill mountain biker Jessica Stone.
Glyn has been a key pioneer in the development of the Brazil-UK Football Development Course undertaken in partnership by the University of Worcester and the University of São Paulo.
- Post Graduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education
- MSc Sports Coaching Science
- BEd Hons
- FA Coach Educator up to UEFA B
- UEFA A Licence Coach
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
Teaching & Research
- Effective Coaching
- Sport and Disability
- Founder and Director of Brazil-UK Football Development Courses
- Developing specialists to coach and teach in sports disability areas
- Awarded the Sport Worcester Howard Peters Award for his outstanding contribution to coaching (2010)
- Elite Players - the demands of performing and studying people with special needs and sporting opportunities
Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
Union of European Football Associations UEFA (A Licence)
Football Association of Wales (FAW)
Inspiring coaches and teachers in Sport Disability in HE settings. Diversity and Equity Conference, University of Worcester (2010).
Investigation into how universities can support elite athletes with disabilities educationally and in sport. Podium conference, Westminster University (2009).
Keynote speaker: models of good practice of disability sport in the UK. Univates, Brazil (2009).
Emerging issues around coaching players with physical and learning difficulties. FA National Conference (1993).
- External Verifier for 1st4Sport
- External Examiner Cardiff Metropolitan University
- Senior Tutor for the Football Association (FA)
- Coach Educator/Advisor Worcester Wolves
- Child Protection Officer (FA)
- Previously Coach to BUCS Midlands Men's Football Team