Dr Alison Wren
Principal Lecturer and Head of Department for Education and Inclusion
Senior Leadership Team
tel: 01905 852264
Alis is currently Head of Department for Education and Inclusion.
Prior to working at the University of Worcester, Alis was course leader for Education Studies at the University of Wolverhampton. Her career in education started in academic support which then led on to a number of roles working as part of large research teams investigating inclusive practice and the experiences of children with SEN.
Alis’s research and teaching interests include childhood mental health, wellbeing and resilience; the friendships and peer relationships of children, and the lived experiences of children from their own perspectives. Her own research has primarily focused on co-creation of research data with child participants using methods including photo elicitation and art activities. Her PhD study focused on the friendships of children with SEN in relation to their experience of TA support.
- PhD - University of the West of England
- PG Cert Higher Education and Professional Practice – University of Wolverhampton
- MEd Psychology of Education – University of Bristol
- BA (Joint Hons) Education and Linguistics – University of the West of England
Teaching and Research
- Psychology of Education
- Inclusive Practice
- Philosophy of Education
- Research Methods
- Children’s friendships/peer interactions
- Childhood wellbeing, resilience and mental health
- The use of academic support within mainstream education
- Inclusive practice in relation to the topics above
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Member of the British Psychological Society
External Examiner BA (Hons) Childhood and Youth at Northampton University (2020-2024)