As the Primary PGCE Placements Co-ordinator, Clare is responsible for PGCE Primary school experience placements and related tasks.
Clare works closely with colleagues in the Primary Partnership team, and provides a central contact point for staff, students and schools for any issues relating to placements, including staff and student travel.
Roles and Responsibilities
Claire acts as first point of contact for the full range of internal and external contacts, to include:
The role also involves giving advice on procedural, administrative or financial issues relating to placements.
Claire provides a full support service to the placements team, including:
- Production, formatting and maintenance of documents relating to placements
- Uploading documents and information to the student pages on the University's Virtual Learning Environment portal
- Making arrangements and taking notes for team meetings (room bookings, refreshments, provision of papers, taking and distributing minutes, following up action points)
- Assistance with planning placements, with particular reference to travel arrangements for students
- Assistance with planning and monitoring of school experience Tutor visits
- Liaison with schools and students regarding placements, including provision of electronic and printed information via mailings
- Maintain appropriate records on the placements database, and publish reports and placement lists as required.
Claire monitors student progress on placements, record placements grades and notify Tutors of any issues to be followed up.
- Signpost students to information regarding travel planning, according to the Student Transport Policy.
- Book hire cars via the external web portal and on the University's central purchasing system as required for student travel to schools. Record these orders on the central database, check and authorise invoices and deal with related queries.
- Maintain the required records of student driving documents (driving licence, insurance and MOT), record the expiry dates where appropriate and issue reminders for renewal documents.
- Arrange reimbursement of travel expenses for students in accordance with the policy, and for Tutors undertaking school experience visits.
- Upload student payments lists to the central database, monitor and balance payments against the University's financial management system.
Qualifications and Training
- BA (Hons) English and History
- Leadership and Management certificate
- Microsoft Excel / Access training
- Web page design
- GDPR training
- Change and Me
- Demystifying Finance
- PREVENT training
- Blackboard training
- SITs training
- DBS training
- Note taking
- Introduction to One Drive
- Information Security Awareness
- Email Permissions and Encryption training