How much will the placement year cost?
Tuition fees are substantially reduced for students who are taking a sandwich year.
You should also consider the costs of travelling to a placement, relocating if necessary and purchasing any clothing you may need for your placement. As most placements are paid these costs should not prevent you from taking a work placement and you should actually benefit from a placement financially. You are also able to collect a proportion of your student loan whilst on placement to further assist with any costs.
What do my tuition fees cover whilst I am on placement?
Your tuition fees cover the following:
- A dedicated placements team able to respond to any problems you may be having
- An individual tutor who visits you twice while you are on placement
- Access to all the University facilities including e-resources
- A preparation for final year workshop
- A mid-placement workshop
- Assessment of your placement portfolio
- Your administrative records within the University
- Fees from the placement year also pay for pre-placement support including the workshops