Senior Lecturer in Nursing
Institute of Health & Society
tel: 01905 85 5079
MSc Advanced Clinical Practice (A & E)
PGC Learning and Teaching in Higher Education
BSc (Hons) Clinical Practice
Registered Nurse (RGN)
Independent Nurse Prescriber
NMC Registered Nurse Teacher
Fellow Higher Education Academy
- Teaching & Research
Teaching & ResearchTeaching:
• Healthcare law
• Healthcare Ethics
• Accident and Emergency nursing
• Critical Care nursing
• Clinical skills
• Professional issues
• Care provision for the mentally ill patient in the Accident and Emergency department
• Nursing Ethics
- Professional experience
Professional experienceProfessional experience:
- Advanced clinical practice in Accident and Emergency department
- Advanced clinical practice in primary care (NHS Walk-in centre)
- Clinical zoned academic
- Major trauma
- Minor illness
- Minor illness
- Ethics committee Institute of Health & Society, University of Worcester
- Admissions and Recruitment Tutor University of Worcester
- Royal College of Nursing, Black and Minority Ethnic committee
- Nursing and Midwifery Council
- Royal College of Nursing
Carvalho, S., Reeves, M & Orford, J. (2017) Fundamental aspects of legal, ethical and professional issues in nursing. 3rd ed. London. Quay books.
Stanley, D. and Carvalho, S. (2016) ‘Organisational culture, clinical leadership and congruent leadership’, in Stanley, D. (ed.) Clinical leadership in nursing and healthcare: Values into action. Australia: Wiley-Blackwell, pp 109-121
Carvalho S,. Reeves M. & Orford J. (2011) Fundamental Aspects of Legal, Ethical & Professional Issues in Nursing. 2nd Edition. London. Mark Allen/Quay Books.
Reviewer: Carvalho S (2007) of Evans C & Tippins E (eds.) ( 2007) The Foundations of Emergency Care . Open University Press in Emergency Nurse . May 15 (2) 8
Carvalho S (2006) Editorial Board’s Eye View, Emergency Nurse.
December 14(8) 37
Carvalho S (2005) Editorial Board’s Eye View, Emergency Nurse.
November 13 (7) 37
Carvalho S (2004) Editorial Board’s Eye View, Emergency Nurse. September12 (5) 9
Carvalho S (2003) Editorial Board’s Eye View, Emergency Nurse.
September 11 (5) 9
National Prescribing Centre (2004) Patient group directions: A practical guide and framework of competencies for all professionals using patient group directions. Manchester. National Prescribing Centre.
- External Responsibilities