Education Administrator: Continuing Professional Development & MA Education
Institute of Education
tel: 01905 855257
The Education Administrator (CPD) provides administrative support to the CPD team. The role is varied and requires a high degree of professionalism, commitment and use of initiative. The post also involves a high level of confidentiality. The administrator acts as a point of contact for staff, students and a range of external organisations, and is responsible for contributing to the efficient management of all administration relating to CPD courses, as well as making significant contributions to the management of programme quality.
- Role and Responsibilities
Role and Responsibilities
- Act as point of contact for the full range of internal and external contacts, including: students, tutors, senior managers, external examiners, partner organisations. Deal with queries relating to CPD courses and events. Advise on procedural, administrative, academic and pastoral issues.
- Assist in providing a full administrative support service to the CPD team, ensuring the accuracy and consistency of documents with regard to the appropriate internal and external quality standards and guidelines.
- Arrange, prepare and attend Examination Boards in liaison with Registry, tutors and external examiners. Ensure all documents and marks records are prepared and distributed appropriately.
- Organise meetings, training days and conferences (prepare and distribute agendas, book room/venue/catering). Attend and act as secretary when required, take minutes and ensure timely circulation and follow-up action if necessary.
- Assist in supporting and organising events and CPD courses. Make bookings, provide advice, liaise with the Finance Administrator regarding payments, and support colleagues as required. Provide a constant flow of information between relevant colleagues as required.
- Produce and update promotional documents and course materials and carry out promotional mailings.
- Create and maintain appropriate up to date course records, databases and filing systems including mailing and class lists and module files.
- Create and update the Virtual Learning Environment (Blackboard) pages.
- Arrange collection of student work, receive marked work from tutors and coordinate distribution to students within appropriate timeframes. Support the process of electronic assignment submission.
- Qualifications and Training
Qualifications and Training
- BA (Hons) History with Associated American Studies
- FdA Payroll Management
- CIPP Practitioner Certificate in Payroll
- Safeguarding – Targeted Training
- Protective Behaviours Training
- Customer Service – Excellence in the Workplace
- Customer Service – Relationship Management