Senior Lecturer, Midwifery
Institute of Health & Society
tel: 01905 855593
2010 NMC Registered Teacher
2006 MSc Education
1981 BSc (Hons) Psychology with Nursing Studies
- Teaching & Research
Teaching & Research
Supervision of Midwifery
High Risk Pregnancies
Normal and Abnormal Inrapartum Care
Competent Midwifery Practitioner
Midwifery Education – Assessment of Clinical Practice
- Professional Experience
- Fellow of HEA
- Smith J (2007). Assessing and grading students’ clinical practice: midwives’ lived experience. Evidence Based Midwifery. 5 (4): 112 -8.
- Nolan M, Smith J and Catling J (2009). Experiences of early labour (2). Strategies for coping at home. The Practising Midwife. 12 (8): 36 - 37.
- Nolan M, Smith J and Catling J (2009). Experiences of early labour (3). ‘Any further comments?’ What women told us. The Practising Midwife. 12 (9): 35 - 37.
- Nolan M and Smith J (2010). Women’s experiences of following advice to stay at home in early labour. British Journal of Midwifery.18 (5). 286 – 291.
- Nolan, M, Smith J and Catling J (2011). At home in early labour: what fathers do and how they feel – Part 1. The Practising Midwife 14 (9): 25 – 29.
- External Responsibilities
- Link tutor for NCT Birth Companion
- Link tutor for NCT Yoga for Pregnancy
- Link tutor for NCT Orientation Programme