Senior Lecturer, Pre-Registration Nursing
Institute of Health & Society
tel: 01905 85 5370
BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science
SEDA Teaching Certificate
Teacher - Nursing and Midwifery Council
Registered Nurse - Adult
ENB100 General Intensive Care Nursing
Teaching & Research
- Student nurses experience and programme development
- Problem based learning
- Critical care
- Quality enhancement
Problem Based Learning (2008): An Action Research study exploring the student nurses attitude and knowledge in relation to problem based learning.
Continuous Clinical nursing - Honorary Nursing Clinical Contract within Intensive Care at a University Hospital Foundation NHS Trust. Nursing care of critically ill patients.
British Association of Critical Care Nursing (Midlands region)
- Luckhurst H. & Dudley R. (2010) Mind the Gap: What does a critical care problem- based learning module do for nursing students? Taking Pride in Practice. British Association of Critical Care Nurses National Conference, Southport
- Dudley R. & Luckhurst H. (2008); Utilising the 'Values Exchange' to explore students' ethical decision making within critical care. National Conference British Association Critical Care Nurses (BACCN), York
- Dudley R. & Luckhurst H. (2008); Innovative ways of assessment. Higher Education Academy Problem Based learning, Worcester
- Dudley R. & Luckhurst H. (2006); Enhancing the student experience of critical care using a PBL medium. National conference British Association Critical Care Nurses, Newcastle.
External examinership at University of Northumbria, appointed March 2010 - current