Senior Lecturer, Pre-Registration Nursing
Institute of Health & Society
tel: 01905 85 5370
MA Higher Education, Fellowship Higher education Academy, SEDA, BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science, Teacher - Nursing and Midwifery Council, ENB100 General Intensive Care Nursing, Registered Nurse.
- Teaching & Research
Teaching & Research
Health Care , Nursing, Critical care nursing, Problem Based Learning, Leadership
Student nurses experience and programme development, problem based learning, Critical care, quality enhancement.
Problem Based Learning (2008) An Action Research study exploring the student nurses attitude and knowledge in relation to problem based learning.
- Professional Experience
Continuous Clinical nursing - Honorary Nursing Clinical Contract within Intensive Care at a University Hospital Foundation NHS Trust. Nursing care of critically ill patients.
British Association of Critical Care Nursing (Midlands region)
- Luckhurst, H. (2014) Palliative Care in a Critical Care Setting. In: Nicol, J. & Nyatanga, B. (eds.) Palliative and End of Life Care in Nursing London Sage, pp. 84-98
- Luckhurst H. & Dudley R. (2010) Mind the Gap: What does a critical care problem- based learning module do for nursing students? Taking Pride in Practice. British Association of Critical Care Nurses National Conference, Southport
- Dudley R. & Luckhurst H. (2008); Utilising the 'Values Exchange' to explore students' ethical decision making within critical care. National Conference British Association Critical Care Nurses (BACCN), York
- Dudley R. & Luckhurst H. (2008); Innovative ways of assessment. Higher Education Academy Problem Based learning, Worcester
- Dudley R. & Luckhurst H. (2006); Enhancing the student experience of critical care using a PBL medium. National conference British Association Critical Care Nurses, Newcastle.
- External Responsibilities
External examiner: Northumbria University