We offer a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in an open and supportive environment that encourages frequent interaction between staff and students, with personal supervision.
Our courses will give you the opportunity to develop your skills and abilities through training in our local partnership schools. You will receive high quality support from both staff within schools and by our academic tutors from the department to work with you to become an effective teacher within a classroom environment.
The University is vibrant, the department is supportive and the academic staff first-rate.
We are regularly inspected by Ofsted, with the most recent report rating our PGCE provision as ‘Outstanding’.
Ofsted have noted a number of key strengths, including:
- the innovative approach to course development
- the partnership with schools
- the strategic management of strengths within the university and across the partnership
- the communication between trainees, subject tutors and subject mentors
- the frequency and quality of monitoring the progress of trainees
Our Academic Tutoring Scheme will help you to become a successful member of the University community and make the transition into higher education.
Get in touch
Get in touch
For further details about the Institute of Education contact:
tel: 01905 855231