Senior Lecturer in BSc Physiotherapy
Institute of Health & Society
tel: 01905 542687
I qualified as a Physiotherapist from Kings College London in 2003. I worked for the NHS for 10 years in a wide range of specialties. I specialised in cardiovascular and respiratory physiotherapy, working in a range of setting such as critical care, community, medicine and surgery. My first teaching post was at Keele University as a part time sessional lecturer and then I joined the University of Worcester in a full time post in 2014.
MSc Physiotherapy (ongoing) PG Cert in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education 2016 BSc(Hons) Physiotherapy 2003
- Teaching & Research
Teaching & Research
My area of speciality is cardiovascular and respiratory physiotherapy. I also teach cardiovascular and respiratory anatomy, physiology and pathology across a number of other courses within the University. I am also the Practice Education Lead for Physiotherapy, responsible for the sourcing and administration of practice learning placements for the Physiotherapy programme.
Physiotherapy Modules Taught on:
- PTHY1000 –Practice Learning one
- ALHS1200 – Communication and ethical Practice
- PTHY1002 – Foundation Sciences for Physiotherapy 2 (physiology)
- PTHY1003 – Guiding Principles of Physiotherapy Practice
- PTHY2002 – Applied Sciences 2 (Neurology and Cardiovascular and Respiratory)
- PTHY2000 - Practice Learning 2
- PTHY 2005 – Practice Learning 3
- PTHY3000 – Practice Learning 4
- PTHY3005 – Practice Learning 5
- PTHY3003 – Managing Patients With Complex Needs
Clinical: I have an interest in the use of group exercise programs for the “pre-habilitation” of patients to maximise physical and cardiorespiratory function prior to interventions associated with pulmonary and physical complications such as surgery.
Educational: I am very interested in the use of simulation as an educational tool and investigating students perspectives and opinions in its use.
- Professional Bodies
- Member of the Health Care and Professions Council since 2003
- Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy since 2003
- Member of Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Respiratory Care
- Member of hyperventilation by chartered physiotherapists specialised in the management of breathing pattern disorders
- External Responsibilities
Co-founder of Worcester Respiratory Education Network