The Centre for Violence Prevention (CVP) is an interdisciplinary and inter-professional centre with an overall aim of providing a stimulating and inclusive environment in which to study and understand violence and abuse and its prevention - regardless of who it is perpetrated by, against or between.
Vision and values
Our vision is to become an international centre of excellence in violence prevention research, education and advocacy by bringing together a multidisciplinary team of academics and practitioners in order to develop and disseminate evidence-based practice.
By working together we will reduce the incidence of violence and abuse and create a safer society.
The objectives of the CVP are:
- To promote academic scholarship through the provision of taught accredited courses, seminars, continuing professional development, training, conferences, partnership working and consultancy
- To engage in and lead local, national and international interdisciplinary and inter-professional collaborative research, evaluation and scholarship; thus developing an evidence base to inform and influence policy and practice
- To produce publications including peer reviewed journal articles, books, conference papers, briefing papers and other relevant documentation
- To encourage students to play an active role in teaching and learning, research, knowledge transfer, awareness raising and campaigning
- To commit to the participation of service providers and service users in teaching and learning, research and knowledge transfer
- To respond to and influence new, emerging and topical issues, strategy, policies, initiatives and opportunities in a timely manner via media comment, briefing and position papers and other methods as applicable